OncologyEducation is proud present the 14th annual Canadian Melanoma Conference.
The Canadian Melanoma Conference is Canada’s international flagship meeting on the research and treatment of melanoma. This event will take place February 20th - 22nd, 2020 at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff Alberta, Calgary.
This conference brings together medical oncologists, surgeons, dermatologists, radiotherapists, pathologists, molecular biologists, immunologists, and other allied health professionals interested in the treatment of melanoma worldwide.
Nurses/Pharmacists/Allied Health Care Providers
Program Planning Committee:
Dr. Scott Ernst (Chair), Dr. Teresa Petrella, Dr. Marcus Butler, Dr. Joel Claveau, Dr. Carman Giacomantonio, Dr. Thomas Salopek, Dr. Michael Smylie, Dr. Greg McKinnon, Dr. Vanessa Bernstein and Dr. Cindy Boulanger-Gobeil
Confirmed Faculty Members:
- Dr. Paul Lorigan - Medical Oncologist, Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
- Dr. Caroline Robert - Professor, Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus, Villejuif, FR
- Dr. Georgina Long - Professor, Melanoma Institute Australia, Wollstonecraft, AU
- Dr. Boris Bastian - Dermatologist, University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Dr. Keith T. Flaherty - Medical Oncologist, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA
- Dr. Arielle Elkrief - Medical Oncologist, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC
- Dr. David Goldstein - Surgical Oncologist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Maxwell Sauder - Dermatologist, Toronto Dermatology Centre, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Dinesh Thavendiranathan - Cardiologist, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Noelle Davis - Surgical Oncologist, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC
- Dr. Ian Quirt - Medical Oncologist, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Sabrina Gill - Endocrinologist, St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
- Dr. Ivan Litvinov - Assistant Professor, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Michael R. Migden - Dermatologist, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Dr. Joël Claveau - Dermatologist, Le Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Québec, QC
For more information, please contact Stefania Capelo at email@example.com.
The 14th Annual Canadian Melanoma Conference will take place at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
You can also contact In-House Reservations at 1-833-762-6866 to book your stay, please let them know you are with the CMC 2020 Conference.
Abstract & Poster Competition
Participants are requested to submit an abstract of their research before Friday, January 17, 2020. A decision about acceptance of abstracts will be announced Friday, January 24th, 2020. All invited poster presenters will have their conference registration fee waived (either the lead author or most senior author [not both]). The reviewing committee will select 3 abstracts from those submitted for oral presentation; the latter is scheduled for live, oral presentation at the Canadian Melanoma Conference in Banff.
Instructions and Guidelines for Poster Presentation
The competition is open to the following:
- Anyone currently enrolled in medical school, residency program, fellowship program or recent graduates of a training program (less than 10 years in practice).
- Senior researchers/physicians can submit abstracts but will only be considered for poster presentation.
- The abstract submission deadline is Friday, January 17, 2020.
- The remaining selected abstracts submitted will be invited to prepare posters to be displayed at the conference venue.
- The abstract should include complete details of the presenter (e.g. title, authors’ names and their affiliation, abstract).
- Authors of the short-listed abstracts for the competition will be formally notified by email and their names will be displayed on the Website and conference materials.
- Each presenter should bring his/her poster to display as a printed single large sheet of paper/plastic that can be mounted on a bulletin board/wall marked with his/her poster number. Posters should fit a 4’x6’ poster board, landscape and poster location will be on a first come first serve basis.
Visuals & Text
- Present numerical data in the form of graphs rather than tables (as graphs make trends in the data much more evident). If data must be presented in table-form, it must be kept simple.
- Visuals should be simple and in bold
- Avoid submitting compactly packed, high-word-count posters
- Posters should be organized into subdivisions, e.g., Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, and References (avoid using too many citations)
- Use bright colours to enhance the detail
- Minimum font size is 18 pt
The decision will be made by a selected panel of the Conference Scientific Committee.
The selection of the poster winner(s) will be based on:
- Clarity of the poster
- Impact of the research presented
- Originality and completeness of work
To submit or for inquiries, please contact the conference team at: firstname.lastname@example.org