Call for Abstracts
Abstract & Poster Competition
Participants are requested to submit an abstract of their research before Friday, January 6th, 2017. A decision about acceptance of abstracts will be announced January 13, 2017. All invited poster presenters will have their conference registration fee waived (either the lead author or most senior author [not both]). The reviewing committee will select 3 abstracts from those submitted for oral presentation; the latter is scheduled for Sunday, February 5th, 2016
Instructions and Guidelines for Poster Presentation
The competition is open to the following:
- Anyone currently enrolled in medical school, residency program, fellowship program or recent graduates of a training program (less than 10 years in practice).
- Senior researchers/physicians can submit abstracts but will only be considered for poster presentation.
- The abstract submission deadline is January 15, 2016.
- The remaining selected abstracts submitted will be invited to prepare posters to be displayed at the conference venue.
- The abstract should include complete details of the presenter (e.g. title, authors' names and their affiliation, abstract).
- Authors of the short-listed abstracts for the competition will be formally notified by email and their names will be displayed on the Website and conference materials
- Each presenter should bring his/her poster to display as a printed single large sheet of paper/plastic that can be mounted on a bulletin board/wall marked with his/her poster number. Posters should fit a 4'x6' poster board, landscape and poster location will be on a first come first serve basis.
Visuals & Text
- Present numerical data in the form of graphs rather than tables (as graphs make trends in the data much more evident). If data must be presented in table-form, it must be kept simple
- Visuals should be simple and in bold ?
- Avoid submitting co'mpactly packed, high-word-count posters.
- Posters should be organized into subdivisions, e.g., Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, and References (avoid using too many citations)
- Use bright colours to enhance the detail
- Minimum font size is 18 pt
The decision will be made by a selected panel of the Conference Scientific Committee. ?
The selection of the poster winner(s) will be based on:
- Clarity of the poster
- Impact of the research presented
- Originality and completeness of work
For inquiries, please contact the conference team at: email@example.com